The APA Board of Trustees requires a student representative from Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy and Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy. The Student Representative serves as a non-voting member of the APA Board of Trustees. Applications are currently being accepted. For questions or additional information, please contact Louise Jones at 334 271-4222 or Ljones@aparx.org.
Term of Office
Requirements and Responsibilities
Application Process and Forms
Qualifications to serve as a Student Representative:
- Must be a current Alabama Pharmacy Association (APA) student member.
- Must be a full-time student in good standing enrolled in Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy or Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy.
- Must be entering the P2 or P3 year of school.
Term of Office: June 19, 2017 - June 11, 2018
The term of office for this position shall be for one year and will run from June to June. Installation will be held at the annual convention.
Requirements and Responsibilities of the Position:
Student Representatives are required to:
- Serves as a non-voting member of the APA Board of Trustees. This involves attendance at Board meetings and review/response of emails to Board members. There are usually 4-5 meetings of the Board per year. These meetings are usually held in conjunction with Mid-Winter Conference, Legislative Day, Annual Convention and one in the Fall.
- Provides representation for student membership of their respective school on issues reviewed by the Board.
- Serves as a liaison between APA and the student membership/school leadership.
- Assists with such things as student involvement in APA activities and
student membership in APA. This can be accomplished via email, by
making announcements at student organization meetings, or by posting
notices on social media, etc.
- Presents a brief school report to the APA membership at the APA Annual Convention. This presentation is to be coordinated with the Dean of their school.
- Submits a written article for the APA quarterly journal. This is a
brief article (approximately 200 words) which provides a recap for
members on the activities of the students on their campus of major
issues of concern by the students.
- Communicates actions of the Association and issues impacting pharmacy to fellow students.
Nominations and Applications for Student Representatives are currently being accepted.
- To Apply: Mail your completed application form with a current photo to Louise Jones at 1211 Carmichael Way, Montgomery, AL 36106 or email Louise Jones.
For additional information, please email Louise Jones.