The Alabama Pharmacy Association Board of Trustees consists of the President, President-Elect, Vice-President, Treasurer, Speaker and Speaker-Elect of the House of Delegates, Immediate Past President, Chair of the Academy of Pharmacy Practice, Trustees at Large, District Trustees, and representatives of the schools of pharmacy.
2016-2017 APA Leadership
Board of Trustees
APA Executive Committee
Alabama Pharmacy Association Research and Education (APAREF) Board
APA Past Presidents
The Board of Trustees is charged with the following duties and responsibilities:
- It shall carry out the policies, resolutions and/or directives presented by the House of Delegates.
- It shall act for the Association and for the House of Delegates in the interim between meetings.
- It shall supervise all property, funds, and finances of the Association.
- It shall engage and dismiss the Executive Director and emoluments of officers based on a report from the Executive Committee.
- It shall have oversight authority of all ASSOCIATION publications and communications.
- It shall fix the dues of membership in the Association.
- It shall ratify the Standing and any Special Committee Chairs appointed by the President, and periodically review, when necessary, recommendations emanating from the Standing and any Special Committees.
- It shall ratify an annual budget for the Association as presented by the Treasurer.
- It shall ratify the time and place for the Annual Convention of the Association.
- It shall establish geographical districts or divisions of the Association.
- It shall submit an annual report through the Executive Director at the Annual Convention.
- It shall perform such other functions as may be designated in the APA By-Laws or as maybe assigned from time to time by the Executive Committee and the House of Delegates.
- It shall determine, where appropriate, the various Association awards and honors bestowed each year during ceremonies including the recipients of such awards.
Qualifications to Hold Office/Terms of Office:
Officers must have been APA members in good standing for a minimum of three years. Nominees for President, President-Elect and Vice-President must have served a minimum of one term on the Board of Trustees. Officers serve a one year term and are elected by the general membership. The Treasurer serves a two year term.
District trustees must have been APA members in good standing for a minimum of two years. District Trustees are nominated from the floor and elected by a majority of the voting members present at the respective district meeting. Trustees serve a
Trustees-at-large must have been APA members in good standing for a minimum of two years. They are elected by the general membership.
All officers and members of the Board of Trustees are installed at the APA Annual Meeting immediately following their election.
Qualified members wishing to serve in a leadership position should contact the APA Executive Director.
APA Executive Committee:
The Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees shall consist of the President, President-Elect, Vice-President, Treasurer, Speaker of the House, and the immediate Past President.
The Executive Committee is charged with the following duties and responsibilities:
- It shall recommend the agenda for any meeting of the Board of Trustees.
- It shall be responsible to the Board of Trustees for the performance of the Association Executive Director and office staff.
- It shall recommend to the Board of Trustees the engagement and dismissal of the Association Executive Director and the emolument of officers.
- It shall be responsible to the Board of Trustees for performance appraisal and compensation of the Association Executive Director.
- It shall report to the Board of Trustees any derived decisions and/or actions undertaken that constitute or affects Association policy.