Report from the Nominations Committee - posted 5/12/2016
2016 Proposed Bylaws Amendments - posted 5/13/2016
2016 House of Delegates Sign-up and Resolution Form - posted 6/02/2016
Report of the 2016 House of Delegates Annual Meeting (PDF) - posted 10/07/2016
In 1971, the Alabama Pharmacy Association moved to a house of delegates structure, made up of county association representatives, members of the Board of Trustees, and subdivision delegates. The House sets policy for the association, which is then implemented by the Board of Trustees.
The APA House of Delegates is charged with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Interpret the objectives of APA as stated in the Constitution in terms of contemporary requirements.
- Serve as the legislative and policy-forming body of APA.
- Consider all proposals emanating from the APA Board of Trustees, subdivisions, affiliated organizations, Standing and Special Committees, Delegates and Delegates Ex Officio.
- Transact all general business of APA not otherwise specified in the Constitution and By-Laws.
- Adopt rules for the conduct of its business, which shall be consistent with the Constitution and By-Laws.
The officers of the House of Delegates consist of a Speaker, Speaker-Elect, and a Secretary. The APA Executive Director serves as Secretary of the House. The Speaker and Speaker-Elect serve one year beginning with the yearly meeting at which they were installed and terminating with the next yearly meeting of the House, when the Speaker-Elect shall ascend to the office of Speaker and a new Speaker-Elect shall be elected and installed anew.
The APA House of Delegates meets at the APA Annual Convention. Special meetings of the House may be called in the interim at the call of the Speaker with consent of the Board of Trustees, or by a resolution passed by a majority of the Board of Trustees, or upon written request of one-third of the certified delegates to the House. One-fourth of the total number of certified delegates to the House must be present at any regular or special meeting of the House of Delegates to constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
2016-2017 House of Delegates Officers
Speaker of the House
Stacy Giles, Auburn
Speaker-Elect of the House
Mike Walden, Oneonta